Posted on October 03 2017
By now, there isn’t anyone who hasn’t heard of the name Louis Vuitton. The epitome of luxury and elegance in one brand, with their signature label's LV monogram that appears on most of its products, ranging from luxury trunks and leather goods to ready-to-wear, shoes, watches, jewelry, accessories, sunglasses and books.
Louis Vuitton has become a must have bag for everyone to own at least one genuine LV bag in their collection. Interesting enough, here are 10 things you didn’t know about Louis Vuitton.
- The Louis Vuitton label was founded by Vuitton in 1854 on Rue Neuve des Capucines in Paris, France.
2. Louis Vuitton was hired as a personal box-maker and packer for Napoleon's (Emperor of the French in 1852) wife.
(Photo Source: huffingtonpost.com)
3. Louis Vuitton left home for Paris when he was 13 and made the 300+ mile journey alone and on foot… it took him almost 3 years.
(Photo Source: classnfab.wordpress.com)
4. Louis Vuitton bags are all handmade and it generally takes about a week to create one handbag. You’re paying for your money’s worth is what LV is all about, their bags are all fire proof and waterproof, adding considerable amount to their overall value.
(Photo Source: scoopwoop.com)
5. If you’re looking for a timeless piece that can be used after 20 years from now, Louis Vuitton markets their handbags as a product that can stand the test of time- and they certainly do fulfill on that promise.
(Photo Source: handmadeinamerica.com)
6. Louis Vuitton is one of the few fashion brands out there that responds to very specific problems that are brought into their attention, one of which is the first ever bucket bag that was actually designed to carry five bottle of Champagne: four with their bases down, and then a fifth inverted in the middle.The biggest Noé in LV's current lineup can still carry that load.
(Photo Source: pinterest.com)
7. Counterfeit problems are a no brainer for a company as esteemed and considered royalty in the fashion industry, Louis Vuitton’s famous Damier and Monogram prints were created to avoid copycats. Vuitton's first trunks were striped, and they were widely copied by less famous Parisian trunk-makers.
(Photo Source: purseblog.com)
8. You will never find a brand new Louis Vuitton bag on discount, it's best to buy on a preowned basis to snag yourself an LV without breaking the bank. LV has not had a sale in 154 years. Louis Vuitton prohibits bargain sales. A core of Louis Vuitton’s pricing strategy is to sell the products to all of its customers at the same price no matter the location.
(Photo Source: skinlicious.com)
9. Louis Vuitton does not have television ads; it instead values more the “fullness of information” exchanged between a customer and a Louis Vuitton salesperson; LV trains salespeople to tell the stories behind the products and inform customers regarding the rich details of latest pieces, how to care for the bags, and updates on key fashion designers.
(Photo Source: luxos.com)
10. All Louis Vuitton bags and jewellery undergo vigorous tests: the bags are tested by mechanisms that drop them from about half a meter height consecutively for duration of four days, and while doing so, the bags have been packed with three and a half kilograms weight.
(Photo Source: reference.com)
Get your own Louis Vuitton bag at a much affordable price, care of Reloved!